Every year, a country is chosen to be the Focus Nation that showcases the best of its art, culture, traditions and heritage during the Mela fortnight. The craftspersons, cultural troupes and master chefs from Lebanon will present their talent and skills to enthrall the visitors at the forthcoming Mela.
Surajkund International Crafts Mela has generated a great interest among the countries across the globe, for the 31th edition of the Mela.
Focus Nations over the years
- Egypt became the Focus Nation in the 23rd Surajkund Crafts Mela-2009. That’s how the idea was mooted to introduce a country/nation as a Focus Nation.
- Thailand was introduced as the first Focus Nation during the 26th Surajkund Crafts Mela-2012.
- A group of African Nations participated as Focus Nations in the 27th Surajkund International Crafts Mela-2013.
- Sri Lanka was chosen as Focus Nation for 28th Surajkund International Crafts Mela-2014.
- Lebanon was chosen as Focus Nation for the 29th Surajkund International Crafts Mela-2015.
- China and Japan was choosen as Focus Nation for 30th Surajkund International Crafts Mela -2016