Aims and Objectives
- To organise, manage and run the Surajkund International Craft Mela at Surajkund Faridabad with a view to promote handicrafts, handlooms with the aid of craftsmen invited from all over the country.
- To identify languishing and lesser known crafts and to introduce them to patrons.
- To display crafts and loom techniques by organising demonstration sections in the Mela grounds.
- To undertake the promotion of export of handlooms and handicrafts.
- To set up an environment in which rural crafts traditions could be displayed and to project the traditional rural ambience of a typical village near Delhi for travellers who may not have the time or means to visit an Indian village.